Interventional Psychiatry Medical Director
Advanced Brain and Body Clinic (ABBC) has an opening for a full-time Psychiatrist.
At ABBC, we change lives. This is a full spectrum psychiatric practice that focuses on mood disorders (treatment resistant depression, bipolar disorder, PTSD and anxiety), offering cutting edge treatments not widely available other places. We are one of the only interventional psychiatry clinics in the country to work with insurers to offer Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Spravato and ketamine, as well as traditional psychiatric medication management, comprehensive laboratory evaluation, genetic testing, and vagal nerve stimulation (VNS).
We focus on improving brain health and lifestyle issues which may contribute to mood. A strong interest in mental health and total body wellness is required.
Hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, with flexibility based on patient volume.
We are consistently growing and seeking dedicated individuals who will be key employees as we expand our services.
This is a salaried position, with training available for the right candidate.
- Medication management and laboratory evaluation of patients suffering from a wide variety of mental illness, including depression, anxiety, PTSD and bipolar disorder.
- Supervise administration of Spravato and ketamine treatments by nursing staff.
- Supervise administration of transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) by technician (training provided).
- Explain TMS, ketamine and Spravato to patients and provide educational consultations face-to-face and over the phone.
- Provide a safe and therapeutic environment for daily treatment sessions.
- Encourage and live a healthy lifestyle, encouraging patients to incorporate a balanced diet and physical fitness into their daily routines.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy regarding all details, especially patient notes.
- Monitor patient for medical symptoms.
- Provide medical intervention in emergency situations.
- Follow established treatment and office procedures.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative work environment with an “all hands-on deck” approach.
- Act courteously and with tact in dealing with patients, visitors, and the public; representing the clinic in a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Possess an upbeat, positive, resilient, adaptive personality with a good sense of humor.
- Willingness to promote the clinic on social media, online, and at in-person networking events.
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in psychiatry.
- Licensed to practice psychiatry in Minnesota is required.
- First Aid and CPR knowledge and/or certifications or willingness to be certified.
- HIPAA and EMR knowledge
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Exemplifies strong work ethic and operates with highest level of integrity in and outside of the office, displaying a “patient first” mentality.
- Self-starter and self-manager.
- Physically able to walk, stand, stoop, and bend.
- Physically able to stand on feet for many hours at a time.
- IRA Contribution Match
- Health Insurance, Dental, AFLAC, and Life and Disability insurances are available for purchase (paid by employee)
- Paid Personal Leave (PPL)
- Relocation is negotiable.
- Salary is based on experience and background.
- Salary: Up to $340,000/year based upon credentials and experience. Paid bimonthly.
- Profit Share: 10% of the profit from the clinic psychiatrist works in per year.
- Paid Time Off: 25 days per year, plus 9 public holidays.
- Continuing Education: 10 days per year to attend continuing education conferences with a maximum annual CME expense reimbursement of $4000.00 for CME’s related to ketamine treatment for depression, TMS, and general brain health.
- Professional Dues and Certifications: maximum annual reimbursement for professional dues and certifications of $2500.00.
- Retirement Match: Employer shall match Psychiatrist’s contributions to Psychiatrist’s retirement account(s) of up to a maximum amount of three percent (3%) of Psychiatrist’s base salary.
- Other usual benefits required by the state and federal government, such as worker’s compensation and social security coverage, are provided.