Part Time Ketamine Technician
This is a part time 8-10 hours per week ketamine technician position. This position will require interaction with patients, medical providers, and the public. The technician aspect of this position will provide patient care observing the administration of ketamine and Spravato in the treatment of depression under the supervision of our medical providers in Minneapolis/Minnetonka, Minnesota. There will be cross training to help with periodic front desk reception coverage.
We have a strong focus on improving brain health and changing lifestyle issues that may contribute to depression. A strong interest in mental and physical health is required.
This position requires an individual to be comfortable conversing with mental health patients, especially those with severe depression and anxiety, as there is significant patient contact. Experience with ketamine is not required, and training will be provided. Scheduling and managing patient appointments, monitoring patient vital signs and behavior plus detailed patient charting will be expected. Office administrative tasks will include answering phones, scheduling appointments, and other duties as assigned.
Hours needed are 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM Monday through Thursday. Schedules may need to be flexible as patients require. The position is part-time.
We are consistently growing and seeking dedicated individuals who will be key employees as we expand our services.
- Work with severely depressed patients.
- Monitor patients during and after ketamine treatments administered by licensed providers.
- Provide a safe and therapeutic environment for daily treatment sessions.
- MADRS testing knowledge helpful, but not required.
- Encourage and live a healthy lifestyle, encouraging patients to incorporate a balanced diet and physical fitness into their daily routines.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy regarding all details, especially patient notes.
- Monitor patient for medical symptoms.
- Provide medical intervention in emergency situations.
- Office administrative tasks as needed such as: scheduling appointments, phone duties, reporting statistical activity, and handling all medical records in compliance with HIPAA and other duties as may be requested.
- Complete prior authorizations for treatment per insurance requirements.
- Assist Office Manager with front desk and reception tasks.
- Follow established treatment and office procedures.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative work environment with an “all hands-on deck” approach.
- Act courteously and with tact in dealing with patients, visitors and the public.
- Possess an upbeat, positive, resilient, adaptive personality with a good sense of humor.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate Degree from an accredited university or vocational school, or similar work experience.
- Experience in a medical setting preferred.
- HIPAA and EMR knowledge required.
- Experience in the mental health or counseling industry is helpful but not required.
- First Aid and CPR knowledge and/or certifications. or willingness to be certified.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Exemplifies strong work ethic and operates with highest level of integrity in and outside of the office, displaying a “patient first” mentality.
- Self-starter and self-manager.
- Physically able to walk, stand, stoop, and bend.
- Physically able to stand on feet for many hours at a time.
- IRA Contribution Match